Each tutorial will lead you step-by-step through some common data analysis tasks. While GW data can be analyzed using libraries in many software languages (C, C++, Matlab, etc.), most of these tutorials use Python. See also the software page for more examples.
See the setup page for setup instructions.
For help, contact us.
Tutorials shown here are not used to produce results published by the LSC and Virgo collaboration.
Guide to GW detections and noise
Gravitational Wave Open Data Workshops
Introduction to GWOSC Data Files[Run: workspace]
Working with Data[Run: workspace]
- GWOSC Example API
- Explore the Timeline app
- FFTs, PSDs, and Spectrograms:
- LSC software stack and frame reading software
- See the structure of an HDF5 file
Binary Black Hole Events[Run: mybinder]
Use matched filtering to find signals hidden in noise
- GitHub Repo with full tutorial and files.
Searching for astrophysical sources
- Find an Inspiral
- Find an Inspiral Hardware Injection
- Find a Burst Injection: Slides | Script
LIGO and Virgo Collaboration Members
- Get data on the LIGO Scientific Collaboration Data Grid: Quickstart | Tutorial